Credit Hours: 6
Michael Bilas, BSc P.T.
Martin Lapointe, DC
Date & Time:
Saturday, June 4, 2011 (9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
1740 boul. René-Lévesque Ouest
This one day lecture and hands on workshop will focus on the use of laser therapy in a clinical practice. It will also provide participants the material and theories on how lasers work, the effects of laser on living tissue, and the use of lasers in treating specific neuromuscular conditions.
- Understand how laser light affects tissues and healing
- Identify musculoskeletal injury types that are indicated for primary or adjunctive laser treatment
- Design clinical laser treatment programs, including frequency of treatments, duration of care, and targeting for musculoskeletal injuries
- Select optimal laser dosage, including power and time settings, to treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions in a clinical setting.
- Operate a laser safely, including treatment room design and patient and technician procedures
- Differentiate laser equipment through the comparison of key technology parameters