Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Prominent Chiropractor In NYC Introduces And Explains The Benefits Concerning Cold Laser Therapy

The first time I watched star wars, I was six yrs old. I remember my friend going on and on regarding Darth Vader and C3PO. He was very fascinated by these characters. I, on the other hand, was intrigued by the light saber. I figured it was the coolest thing that I had possibly cast my young eyes on. The light saber was the laser sword that could slash through almost anything, and will just be averted by another light saber.
It was subsequently the first laser of any type that I could remember, and I battled several mock light saber duels with my fellow star wars jedi wannabes. I thought a laser of any sort was a dangerous and powerful weaponry and not just many years soon after, while seeing the dentist, did I realize it’s healing capabilities.
Low Laser Light therapy or cold laser therapy is a treatment modality that I have been researching and interested in for several years. A lot of my colleagues have revealed great outcomes with these equipments that it sparked my fascination. The health advantages of the low level laser comprise of:
Reduces inflammation Relieves both chronic and acute pain Speeds up tissue repair Increases the quality and tensile strength of the tissue Increases blood flow Motivates quicker clot formation and wound healing Stimulates the immune system Boosts nerve function Develops muscle tissue and collagen Helps produce healthy and new tissues and cells Aids in neuroplasticity Can be used on acupuncture points Can be utilized for desensitization to food intolerances
These are merely some of the possible applications and outcomes.
Biological light receptors in tissue are called chromophores. Chromophores have been studied to have a maximum therapeutic activation at 660 nm to 905 nm wavelength. It’s the activation of these chromophores that causes several healing biochemical reactions. For example, the moment a chromophore is stimulated the oxygen carrying capacity of blood in the area being cured increases by 3 times, which helps with the healing process. It’s the collimation, coherency and polarization of the laser light that enables the light to enter the skin and activate the chromophore.
Some benefits of using low level laser therapy is the equipment can be used on an individual with a secure distance from the tissue and wound being managed. It can be administered through natural fiber clothing. Eye protection is not necessary for the patient or doctor. The person does not feel heat and has very little sensation, and it requires very little time to treat an area.
Ever since I have been using low level laser therapy in my practice, I have seen great results with numerous patients. This week, a patient visit my office after getting into a minor car accident. Her neck was in spasm, and she could barely move her head towards the left. I pressed on her trapezius and levator scapulae muscles, and she answered with an “Ouch that’s actually gentle.”
I performed sweeping movements with the laser for about 90 seconds on both of these muscles. As Soon As I touched these muscles right after utilizing the low level laser, she pointed out that the tenderness had gotten better and had about 60% reduced aches and pains in these muscles. After the laser treatment, I performed a gentle spinal manipulation on her neck, and she stated that the manipulation was fluid, not painful, and she felt a lot better.
Another patient came into the practice with tennis elbow (pain at the lateral side of the elbow). I made use of the low level laser, and he claimed a significant decline in discomfort after 6 sessions. There is an excellent article that discusses low level laser treatment of tendinopathy in the journal Photomed Laser Surg, 2010.
Many people have uncovered what foods or allergens are a problem for their bodies by means of the nutrition response testing technique. I’ve lately introduced a desensitization technique that uses laser acupuncture to help the entire body to become resistant to these foods again. Right after using the laser on the master points and the patient complying with 3 weeks of refraining completely from these foods, many are already able to tolerate these foods again. Using the laser on these points functions as a form of rewiring, therefore, the entire body doesn’t react in the same manner and responds far better to these foods.
As we continue to discover and appreciate the advantages of light as a therapy, may there be increased light in all of your lives!


From Web Information Articles

For more information please call 1-866-843-5273 or visit www.theralase.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment